How to Prepare for a Body Wax
- Posted on: Jan 15 2016
Body waxing is an ideal way to control unwanted hair, whether it’s on your legs, arms, or bikini area. Before your wax treatment, it’s a good idea to prepare a little to get the best results. To follow are some useful tips to help you get the most out of your waxing experience.
- Be proactive about pain. When done right, waxing only hurts for a few seconds after the wax and hair are removed. For many, the pain they expect is nothing compared to the discomfort they actually feel. But if you have a low pain threshold, you may want to take ibuprofen before your procedure. This will help dull the after-effect even more.
- Grow it out. Letting your hair grow out to at least 1/4 of an inch prior to your treatment will actually help to minimize discomfort. When your hair is longer, the wax can grab on more easily. In general, it is recommended that you go three weeks without shaving before your wax appointment.
- Timing is everything. Your skin will be its most sensitive a week before your period, so it may be a good idea to plan around that time of the month. You can still be waxed during your period, but the discomfort could be greater. Consider scheduling your wax for the week following your period to better tolerate the pain.
- Shower beforehand. You’ll want to be clean before your appointment, especially for intimate waxing. However, avoid applying moisturizer afterward, as it can make your skin oily and impede the waxing process.
- Wear loose clothing. Waxing can make your skin vulnerable to infection, and restrictive clothing can only add to the risk. For a leg wax, wear (or bring) loose fitting pants. For a bikini wax, pack an extra pair of fresh cotton underwear if possible. Keeping your skin free of irritation will help the waxed area get back to normal.
Enlisting these tips before your next wax appointment will help can ensure that you have a much more enjoyable experience. Want to learn more about body waxing? Contact Cara Mia Medical Day Spa Today. We are located in Colorado and can be reached directly at 303-350-4500. We look forward to helping you soon.
Image courtesy of Ambro at FreeDigitalPhotos.net
Posted in: Skin Care