General Dermatology in Denver, Meridian, Castle Rock, Aurora & Parker, CO
Skin, being the largest organ in our body, is susceptible to a wide range of ailments, some of which can be common, whiles others very difficult to treat or even life-threatening. At Dermatology Associates of Colorado, our highly specialized dermatologists and dermatology trained mid-level providers have in-depth knowledge of these conditions and will work with you on the most optimal therapies that can cure your condition, maintain health, as well as prevent disease.
Some of the common conditions Dermatology Associates of Colorado providers treat are:
- Acne and rosacea, which can cause red, pimple-like bumps on the skin
- Actinic keratosis, skin patches that may turn into cancer
- Skin cancer, including basal cell carcinoma, squamous cell carcinoma, and the most serious type-melanoma
- Blistering disorders, such as pemphigus and pemphigoid, which are rare autoimmune conditions. Other problems that can cause blisters include certain medications as well as a group of inherited disorders called epidermolysis bullosa
- Connective tissue diseases, such as the autoimmune disease lupus, and dermatomostitis, a muscle disease that can cause skin rashes. Another example is vasculitis, which affects blood vessels. Other related diseases include scleroderma and morphea, two conditions that cause the skin to harden
- Hair loss or excessive hair growth
- Hereditary disorders of the skin, hair, and nails
- Psoriasis, an autoimmune disease marked by red skin and white scaly patches
- Pigmentation disorders, including vitiligo, which can cause lighter areas of skin in darker skinned people
- Leg ulcers
- Rashes, which can be caused by allergies, medication, certain medical treatments or a chronic skin condition such as eczema. We also treat lichen planus, a rash that can affect the mouth, as well as dermatitis herpetiformis, an extremely itchy rash linked to gluten insensitivity
- Skin infections, including difficult-to-treat infections in people with weakened immune systems
- Genital skin disorders
- Warts of all types, including those that may result from sexually transmitted diseases
Our dermatologists and dermatology trained mid-levels will develop an individualized treatment plan that is appropriate, based on your medical history and symptoms. We offer a wide variety of medical and surgical therapies to treat the most common, as well as complex, skin issues.
Dermatology Associates of Colorado proudly provides patients from Denver, Meridian, Castle Rock, Aurora and Parker, CO with General Dermatology treatments and services. Contact us at (303) 350-4500 or fill out a Contact Form here.